Mirrors of Grimaldi is a four player splitscreen game where your health is represented by the size of your screen. Players will be pitted against each other as Grimaldi’s Interdimensional Demonic Carnival invades the same medieval town in parallel timelines. As swarms of demonic minions attack the players, their screens will shrink and eventually crush them, knocking them out of the game. The last surviving player is declared the winner and is allowed to fight another day.
We designed Mirrors of Grimaldi in an effort to play with what splitscreen could to do to help the Local Multiplayer genre. Instead of simply being a means of showing four screens on one display, we’ve taken the concept of splitscreen and attempted to base most of our game mechanics on how players can interact with it.
- A brand new Dynamic Splitscreen mechanic.
- Local multiplayer competition.
- Gesture controlled combat.
- Stat tracking and post match awards.
- 2 different enemy types with varied skills.
<iframe frameborder=”0″ src=”https://itch.io/embed/56985?dark=true” width=”552″ height=”167″></iframe>
If you’re looking for anything more specific or higher quality, feel free to contact us!
Logos and Icons
Awards and Recognition
- Intel University Games Showcase @ GDC “1st Place, Best Gameplay”, 2016
- “Student-Designed Game Squeezes Out Competition at Intel Game Developers Conference”
– Britt Faulstick, Drexel News Blog
- “Drexel game designers win 10k top prize at Intel University Showcase”
– Albert Hong, Technically Philly
- “Intel Event Highlights College Student Games That Should Be Published Right Now”
– Dean Takahashi, VentureBeat
About 51st and Fire
51st and Fire is a small team of artists and programmers out of Drexel University that have come together to form a studio in the Philadelphia area.
More information & relevant media available here.
Andrew Lichtsinn – Producer
Evan Freed – Art Director
Tom Trahey – Lead Programmer
Alison Friedlander – Artist
Boyd Fox – Programmer
Steven Yaffe – Artist
Alex Hollander – Programmer
Pat Bastian – Artist